The LA LA Land Journey

A Blog about my experiences, trials, and tribulations out in this crazy city of angels.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Go Rough



Okay people, let's face the music - the advertising music that is. If you ask me, owning a Chevy, unless of course it's a 'Vette', is about as classy as going to the prom with your cousin or serving Twinkies at your wedding. And don't even get me started on Dodges. Dodges suck. I will never own another Dodge again. Ever, ever, ever. The only reason they make Dodges is so that junkyards won't be left empty! But the war of trucks will continue and I have to hand it to Chevy for coming up with a pretty kick-ass ad campaign that has stuck in all of our heads over the years. In fact the "Like a Rock" campaign was so successful that Chevy is now looking for a new jingle for its passenger car division that will get the target market humming again.

But I digress. As you can tell,
my loathing of American vehicles is strong, so you can imagine that I'm thrilled by the fact that Kevin drives a Toyota. I love this truck. In fact, I think it's the first time I've ever felt emotion towards an inanimate object -(don't tell her or her owner that I called her inanimate!).


This weekend we went "four-wheeling" and had a blast. At one point we got the truck "stuck" so we got out to take a few pictures. It wasn't a problem though - this vehicle can handle just about anything.

As we drove, I told Kevin a story about how, when I was a child, I didn't quite understand the lyrics in the Chevy commercial. "I go rough," I thought it said. I sang to Kevin as we rode along, "You know... Ohhhh I go rough..." He got a big kick out of it. Actually, at first he thought I was saying "Like it Rough...oh I like it rough." Now if I were singing those lyrics as an eight-year old, that, my friends, would be comparative to marrying your sister in a shotgun wedding and serving ding dongs! Yeee Hawwwww!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home