The LA LA Land Journey

A Blog about my experiences, trials, and tribulations out in this crazy city of angels.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Introducing the Roommates ....

Hello Lala Land readers! It's been a little while since I've posted, so I thought I'd break the "writing fast" by telling a little story that happened to two of my roommates last night.

Fern decided he would show Dan a local hang out as Dan is the newest of the Hartsook clan and hasn't been out a whole lot. They wanted to keep the evening casual, so Fern thought that taking Dan to a local bar where he'd recently made friends with the bartender would be a fun option. When they arrived they seated themselves at the bar and began to carry on a conversation with the bartender.

"This is my roommate Dan," Fern said. When she inquired as to what Dan did Fern jokingly whispered, "He's an actor." There is naturally a bit of a reputation that actors bring to their name (not nec. a good reputation if you're simply an aspiring actor) so this became a bit of a joke as Dan replied, "What did you tell her??"

As the conversation continued the bartender explained that she was from Michigan originally and was interested in moving to the Valley area (where we live) rather than living in main LA. "How do you like your place?" she asked.

"It's pretty fun," Fern replied. "I actually have two other roommates other than Dan. One, Sam, is a stuntman and the other, Heather, is a Segment Producer for a local television company. And right as he said this Dan happened to look over to the television and what just happened to be playing???! The episode of "Nine on the Town" that I produced and Sam was in doing stunts!!!

"That's Sam!!" Dan announced as he pointed to the screen. "I can't wait to tell Heather this," he said to Fern.

"You're not going to believe this," Fern said to the bartender, "But that is a segment that my roommate Heather produced and that stunt guy right there is our other roommate Sam."

Fern told me that at first the bartender thought Dan and he were ganging up on her and trying to trick her. Personally I just think it was a nice little way of introducing all of us at once. How convenient would that be if every time you went out you could just look up at a screen and have your friends and family right there to point out? "Hey, that's my best friend!" It beats carrying around a wallet full of pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home